Unsurprisingly, there’s been a major surge in illegal entry in the US after Trump won the election, but, before he takes office. Of course, president Zero is doing what he has always done about this problem, which is, nothing.
Now, much of the surge isn’t some group of people seeking seasonal work, it’s illegals sending their children across the border, after they’ve found themselves an asylum (sanctuary city) to reside in.
Of course, instead of sending the intact family back across the border, the Feds hang on to the children for a while and seek legal residents (preferably family) to house them with. All of this, of course, costs $billions to accommodate. The costs have risen so much that our Health and Human Services (HHS) is diverting money from other more legitimate programs to house the poor angels.
Apparently, the federal program to care for these poor little rascals has run out of money, so, rather than stop the children from entering the US, we’re taking money from other programs to fund this program (to the tune of $167 million on top of the $171 million already allotted) until Congress allots them more money.
According to the Center for Immigration Studies, HHS is taking from things like cancer and diabetes research in facilitate the human trafficking. ……
….. That means that in order to provide services to the illegal alien youths, money is being taken from other vital health and welfare programs, including:
- $14 million from the Health Resources and Services Administration, including $4.5 million from the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program and $2 million from the Maternal and Child Health program;
- $14 million from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for contagious disease prevention and treatment and other critical public health programs;
- $72 million from the National Institutes of Health, for research on cancer, diabetes, drug abuse, mental health, infectious diseases and much more;
- $8 million from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, for treatment and prevention programs;
- $8 million from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services;
- $39 million from the Children and Families Services Program;
- $4 million from the Aging and Disability Services Programs;
- $3 million from the Public Health and Social Services Emergency Fund, including more than $1 million from the Pandemic Influenza and BioShield Fund.
Did you all catch that? They’re now taking money the US taxpayers set aside for children of fellow Americans who need help and are giving the money to the unaccompanied minor illegal aliens.